Monday, April 19, 2010
Meet Tatty Gnome
Here's how to turn an ordinary terrarium into a magical gnome home:
Terrarium ( see Building a Miniature Ecosystem)
Moss- for a grass look
Miniatures (gnome, birds, fences, mushrooms..etc)
Hot glue gun
1) Cut bark and sticks to use as shingles and trim for the birdhouse.
2) Paint birdhouse brown or green for a natural look- or bright colors for a more eclectic look.
3) Add bark shingles and stick trim using a hot glue gun.
4) Assemble gnome and house within the terrarium.
5) Set scene using additional miniatures (vegetable garden, tea party etc.)
6) Mist or water regularly as directed for the terrarium plants.
7) Swap out scene periodically for additional fun!